Causes of Facial Aging and How Botox Can Help
Signs of aging are an inevitability. If you are noticing signs of aging on your face, the cosmetic professionals can help. For more information Call us or Schedule an Appointment online. We have convenient locations in Coronado, CA and San Diego, CA to serve you.
Aging is one of the only guarantees in life, escapable by no one, regardless of their genetics, lifestyle choices or overall health. The first place to show signs of aging is often the face, which is due to two reasons: first, the face is a high-movement area and undergoes countless expressions everyday; second, the skin on the face is thinner than other areas of the body, so it expresses wrinkles and lines more quickly. Fortunately, Botox can help ameliorate facial aging, preventing dynamic wrinkles and softening furrows for a younger-looking appearance.
Does Botox help with aging?
Yes, Botox helps with aging. It is an effective procedure for temporarily reversing the signs of aging, such as moderate wrinkles and fine lines. When administered regularly, Botox treatments have been proven to have anti-aging effects over time, and can reduce the severity of wrinkles in the future.
How can Botox improve your face?
Botox can improve several different facial features and nearly any area on the face, including:
- Bunny Lines: Bunny lines run along the sides of the nose and are most prominent when we scrunch or noses or laugh. These lines slowly develop with age, and Botox can effectively make them disappear.
- Chin: The chin can be subjected to wrinkles and a rough, orange peel-like texture, especially if resting the chin in the hands. Fortunately, Botox can smooth out these irregularities for a youthful complexion.
- Crow’s Feet: These facial lines are a common sign of aging and often appear when we laugh or smile. They are also prominent when squinting, as the facial muscles push the cheeks upward. Botox can help with that.
- Eyebrows: An often prominent feature, eyebrows get a lot of attention. If they are too close to the eyes, Botox can provide them with a nonsurgical lift.
- Forehead Wrinkles: Forehead wrinkles often happen when we concentrate, and also appear from several expressions, including surprise, anger, disappointment, and confusion. Fortunately, Botox can relax the muscles that cause forehead wrinkles, resulting in a smooth, wrinkle-free surface.
- Glabellar Lines: The space between the eyebrows is a common concern for many, as deep wrinkles can form in this area, often referred to as the elevens because they look like a pair of vertical lines. Botox can remove these, and it does not take many units to see a difference, which makes this one of the most common spots for treatment, because of the speedy result and low price.
- Mouth Corners: One of the first signs of aging is often around the mouth, appearing as droopy corners. This can often make people look tired or upset, but Botox can help reverse this, turning this frown upside down.
How does Botox make you look younger?
While Botox can provide numerous short-term effects for youthful appearances, it also has long-term benefits that contribute to looking younger, including:
- Increased skin elasticity: Botox does more than simply relax the facial muscles: it also promotes increased skin elasticity and firmness. When skin is more elastic, it holds its form more readily, rather than sagging in response to gravity, making the skin less wrinkly as a result.
- Reduced wrinkle formation: Having more elastic skin does not only make the appearance of existing wrinkles less pronounced, it also helps prevent the formation of new wrinkles in the future. After all, the treatment penetrates the underlying muscles as well as the skin.
If you desire younger-looking skin with long-term benefits, come to Remedi Medspa for our Botox treatments! Call us today to book an appointment for Botox, or visit one of our two locations in Coronado, CA, or San Diego, CA. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Coronado CA, San Diego CA, Golden Hills CA, Little Italy CA, Logan Heights CA, and Lincoln Park CA.